HELP!! LIMEWIRE PRO OR LIMEWIRE WIN????

dragonfury 20:07 31 Oct 07

Hi all,

I`ve been using Limewire PRO ver 4.8.4 and friend said other version is faster. I downloaded Limewire Win 4.14.10.

On this version it states: get turbo-charged downloads....get limewire pro.

Which is better and faster?

PRO did have a turbo-charge speed but download was slow at times. I no it varies on modem speed and connection speed (t3, cable, etc), will Win be same?

I dont know wether to stay with win or install pro again (win version is newer - see above versions)

someone used both??? your opinion???

Take for example that you pick one download speed and run/try both versions, which is faster?

rdave13 20:34 31 Oct 07

Don't think you'll get much advice here if you use Limewire to download copyright material.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:41 31 Oct 07

It's not speed I would worry about
It's the amount of viruses and spywre that gets downloaded to your PC using this type of software.

FatboySlim71 22:04 31 Oct 07

A bit of advice, STEER CLEAR OF LIMEWIRE. A friend of mine used to use Limewire a lot and every other thing he downloaded was either a virus, Trojan or some other nasty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…