help!! lightning...orange livebox...and phone line

2drewej 18:54 20 Jul 07

Hi , well until yesterday everything was running smoothly as it should , i have an orange livebox and a bt phone connected to another phone socket in the house.

yesterday the house came very close to a lightning strike - the power cut out for around 5 seconds and i suspect there was an electricity surge.

now i cannot use the main phone line without unplugging the livebox thus disabling our internet connection.

if i plug both the phone and livebox in at the same time i do not get a dial tone on the main phone - but the internet does work.

the livebox and computer were protected by surge strips so i do not see why this has occured.

any ideas would be appreciated , thank you

octal 19:02 20 Jul 07

Do you have filters connected? If you do I suspect it's fried the innards of the filter. Surge protectors are a waste of time against lightning because they don't protect all poles of the mains, like the earth connection for instance, just unplug everything next time.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:51 20 Jul 07

I gree try renewing your filters.

2drewej 10:11 21 Jul 07

, yes i thought it could be the filters , im only using 2/3 i had one new one which i tried and it still didnt work so they both must have died.
i will have to order some more
thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced