Help in LibreOffice?

TonyV 23:54 31 Oct 11
Answered

I have been trying the latest version of LibreOffice and when I downloaded it I also downloaded the Help Package. I Have installed both elements, but every time I click on the Help Icon I get connected to the On-line Help which seems to be absolutely useless. Does anyone know how to use the added help package? The Help system works fine in OOo which I thought LibreOffice was the replacement for!

Cheers

TonyV

johndrew 09:39 01 Nov 11

I think you will find Libre Office Help is only an online facility. This probably changed when Open Office changed ownership.

johndrew 09:41 01 Nov 11

Reference the ownership change.

TonyV 10:14 01 Nov 11

johndrew

Thanks for coming back. I have to say that using the on-line help is a wee bit of an adventure. I am having extreme difficulty in trying to get any sensible sort of answer and when you read how it is supposed to work, there is nothing like it at all. It would be quicker to ignore any help on-line and go direct to the Tool-bars and work your way through them to see exactly what they do and what you can do to resolve a problem.

Me thinks that Libre Office will be removed in the not too distant future and I will stay with Office 2007 and as the back up, use OOo 3.3.0.

Cheers

TonyV

johndrew 14:04 01 Nov 11

I have always found it wise to 'have a go' first as most features are similar in most 'office' style programs regardless of who writes the software. I must admit I have never used Libre Office but do use Open Office, often in preference to the MS offering.

A quick look at the Libre Office Help link I gave you indicates, to me, that it is likely to be very similar to other Sun Systems software, of this type, which is much the same as MS Word and others. The organisation of the toolbars will in all likelihood be different from most others.

TonyV 14:39 01 Nov 11
Answer

johndrew

I have been several times in to the Help page and cannot reconcile what it is saying with what I am trying to find out! It talks of the Help page and Icons, but there is nothing. As you say, "Have a go" and see what is found by trial and error.

Fortunately, I still have the latest version of OOo, and can always fall back on that if necessary.

Cheers

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac