Help with layers in Dremaweaver Mx Please

Dinkiz 11:50 30 May 03

Hi All,

Can you help? I'm designing a page in Dreamweaver MX with screen size of 800x600. I'm adding a few layers into the page with photgraphs in which become visible when the user moves their cursor over the persons name. When the screen is viewed in 800x600, the layout is fine; however, when viewed in 1024x768 the layer has moved well out of place. How can I fix this so that its okay when viewed in either screen setting as our embers use a mixture of both?

Cheers, Dinkiz

chalkie 00:39 31 May 03

I will check my reference documentation and get back to you soon. I hope you don't mean 'embers' or you can make pots of money!

Dinkiz 01:02 31 May 03

:o)
ooppsss I really must check my speeling before I post messages

Dinkiz

harristweed 08:39 31 May 03

I don't think it is possible to position layers depending on screen size / resolution.

Use nested tables to hold your images in the correct position.

Perhaps have the persons name on a .gif file (the same dimensions as the photograph), then use swap image behaviour to change to photograph on mouse roll over.

Hope this helps.

chalkie 09:02 31 May 03

The only way to do this with layers would be to create a site for each of the resolutions and then create the layers to suit(a bit too much i think).

I would also suggest the approach above using rollovers etc or just use thumbnails of the people sorry.

Dinkiz 11:42 31 May 03

Cheers for the help guys,

I've decided to create a .gif animation which constantly runs throughout the viewing of the page. To be honest with you, I think is better that my original idea anyway.

Thanks again,
Dinkiz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…