Help at last, for oem xp uses

Eargasm 16:47 29 May 04

Apologies if this thread has already been done,i just thought this would come in very handy for everyone on xp,but with an oem version.

You can create a bootable windows xp installation cd from your i386 folder,and can also slipstream sp1 plus any other critical updates from click here.

Smiler 17:51 29 May 04

Add to my postings

lamda 18:13 29 May 04

into my postings

MIke 18:18 29 May 04

and mine

Eargasm 18:39 29 May 04

Iv'e just done it,and it worked a treat,found it best to print off the instructions first,locating the i386 folder on the hard drive was hardest,you need to go to folder options and tick show hidden files,also uncheck hide protected operating system files (you can put this back after)

I now have a bootable xp disc with sp1 and latest updates,if i can do it anyone can!

christmascracker 18:40 29 May 04

Have you tried it to make sure it works yet?

TommyRed 19:01 29 May 04

I would like to try it but I'm concerned about my lack of PC knowledge, would you mind if I posted some help questions to this thread? First off would be making the folder d:\bcd, how? TR

Beas-Knees 19:19 29 May 04

And mine

Andybear 07:29 30 May 04

Nice one, thanks.

acfc 08:06 30 May 04

Yep very useful thanks

Eargasm 09:09 30 May 04

christmascracker, i changed the boot sequence in the bios from floppy first to cd rom,inserted the disk and restarted pc it took me to a blue screen with 3 options.

1 setup xp now 2 repair windows installation 3 quit setup, at this stage i quit setup and changed boot back to floppy and started pc normally as the pc is working fine,but i'm pretty sure the cd has been created ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…