help laptop won't start

Old Town Steve 17:49 21 May 07

Help please, my daughter's Vaio laptop will not start up! Apparently she was trying to come out of hibernation, and the system just freezed at the resuming from hibernation screen, so she just turned off the power to do a restart. Anyway on restart it comes up with the following message "the last attempt to restart the system from its previos location failed: attempt to restart again?
It then gives the following options:
Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu.
OR continue with system restart.
I tried continue with system restart, but this again froze on resuming windows! Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dirk Diggler 17:53 21 May 07

Have you tried booting up into safe mode ie, switching laptop on and pressing F8 until option for safe mode appears?

Old Town Steve 17:57 21 May 07

Yes I've tried that, but every time you hit F8 it just keeps saying system restart paused

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:29 21 May 07

Use the option

Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu.

It will not resume from where she left off and any work she was diong at the time will be lost but it should then boot normaly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…