Help - Laptop hibrinates instead of closing down

setanta23 13:00 23 Feb 03

I am using a VA10 and whenever i try to close down on a night nothing happens

i then have to resort to actually switching the machine off and half way through that process i get a screen shot which says preparing to hibrenate

this is a recent phenonomen and i am worried that in spite of constant security etc i may have picked up something nasty which wants my machine connection up all the time

i have a cable connection and this factor alone frightens the life out of me lol

how do i correct this

with sony they give u a re boot set of cd's but this seems to be a little on the drastic side to lose everything to sort this out

AndySD 13:33 23 Feb 03

Try a free online virus scan click here

What is your Operating System?

setanta23 23:20 23 Feb 03

am running the virus scan as i type this answer but as i already run norton 2003 and avg i would hope my system is clean.

bigdamouk 23:25 23 Feb 03

Try turning off Hibernation in Power did the trick with my Vaio

Cesar 12:36 25 Feb 03

In my old computer win 98 I have upgraded to IE 6.0 I installed AOL and switching from AOL to IE it showed all the AOL favourites, Using the same disc I installed AOL on my new Computer XP Home when I switch to IE explorer 6.0 I get the IE browser with all IE favourites how can I get AOL favourites on this page?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…