Help with Laptop Acer Extensa

tardis100 16:54 08 Aug 08

Does anyone out there have an Acer Extensa Laptop? I have recently purchased one with XP Pro. It arrived with no recovery disc and only a minimal User Guide. I have sent a couple of emails to Acer and although they replied they didn’t really address my queries. In the minimal user guide that was supplied(total pages 43) it says “for more information refer to page 61 in the AcerSystem User’s Guide.” I have searched the internet for this Guide and while I can find Acer Aspire User Guide (which doesn’t answer my Q’s.) I cannot find Acer Extensa Guide. Can anyone point me to the Acer Extensa Guide? That was a Q I asked Acer and they didn’t reply to that! And secondly is it possible for me to make a recovery disc? And if so How? I realise there are Recovery Files on the hard drive (hidden) - OK if I can access the hard drive but if I have a catastrophic failure surely I would need a Recovery Disc? And I have absolutely no idea how to make one and will need info. in words of one syllable please!! Any help would be gratefully received. Tardis

jack 16:58 08 Aug 08
  tardis100 17:35 08 Aug 08

Thanks Jack I've found the User Guide still looking for a Recovery CD. I should have said my model is Extensa5620 - there seems to be lots for the Extensa5220 - don't expect that will do! will keep looking.

Thanks Jack I've found the User Guide still looking for a Recovery CD. I should have said my model is Extensa5620 - there seems to be lots for the Extensa5220 - don't expect that will do! will keep looking.

tardis100 17:37 08 Aug 08

sorry folks have no idea why that went in 3 times I only clicked once!!

Ditch999 18:01 08 Aug 08

Is there any software installed to create a recovery CD. Sometimes you get Norton GoBack or similar and have one chance to make a recovery CD/DVD

Ditch999 18:04 08 Aug 08

You should have "NTI shadow" and the Acer "eRecovery"

Ditch999 18:16 08 Aug 08

click here

This gives you the option to burn a recovery CD once!

tardis100 18:51 08 Aug 08

Thanks Ditch. I did have a look at eRecovery but couldn't seem to do what it was saying - didn't realise I only had one chance! BUT with the eRecovery manual I'm sure I'll be able to do it now. Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017