help with laptop

Rocker 17:36 PM 19 Aug 11

hi all i got a dell inspiron 1720 laptop from someone but hard drive had been formatted so i installed vista home on it when i clicked my computer i foun that dell recovery was still on drive d is wim file i tried to factory install the lap top useing vista recovery options but as the hard drive was formatted the factory recover option is not avaiable do anyone if theres another way to access the file manythanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:38 PM 19 Aug 11

Dell Recovery Instructions 1. Reboot, and press Ctrl + F11 at the Dell logo. 2. The Dell™ PC Restore by Symantec screen will come up. 3. Select "Restore" or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter. 4. if you wish to continue, click "Confirm", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter. 5. When the utility is finished, click "Finish", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites