help with ( l2a1o

b1n2y 12:51 07 Nov 04

hope someone can help me this time,
i have this file l2a1o.abi that puts itself in the folder c:\documents and settings\binzy\local settings\temp when and only when i go on the net
it comes in to temp folder nothing strange about that you think and your right because i can delete it with the right click and its gone but if i try to delete it with (privacy eraser pro) no chance so i try it with (eraser tec)which has to delete it on reboot but when rebooted the file has renamed itself and will do on every reboot. you get the picture not normal behavier been on this three days trying to track this down no luck though.i can open it with picture viewer and it shows a raindrop splashing in water, in notepad it says gif
im a bit confused because file shouldnt rename themself like this. using xp pro. aol9.adaware,spybot,norton internet security 2005,pest patrol,trojan guarder,stinger,cwshreader,hijack this,aol say its not theirs so any ideas how or what is putting this in temp folder, thanks

Forum Editor 13:12 07 Nov 04

I know of that has the .abi file extension is a file encryption utility called ABI-CODER.

How long has this file been in your temp folder, and have you noticed any ill-effects from it?

b1n2y 14:29 07 Nov 04

i have only noticed this file over the last week or so but that dont mean that it hasnt been there longer i have done a couple of complete installs lately as my machine has been playing up,i will try to look for more info on the file coder on the net but you wont find anything on the file itself and here are a couple of instances that the file has renamed itself to after reboot (bglrn.jri) (dtpgv.abw) (vmldf.xpa) stange file behavier if a geniune file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…