Help with Kodak camera please

Neil-321636 11:24 06 Jan 03
  Neil-321636 11:24 06 Jan 03

I have just bought a Kodak LS443 Digital Camera. Since I've loaded the software on my PC (Windows ME) it keeps freezing. When I looked at the drive that the camera uses it sya that Drive E is using an MS-DOS compatability mode file system. and suggests contacting the Hardware manufacturer for an updated driver. However on the Kodak Website there are no drivers to update. Any ideas please??

LastChip 12:08 06 Jan 03

Although I am not familiar with the particular software you are trying to use, it seems to be a common problem.

The software supplied with my Cannon digital camera, does exactly the same thing, so I resorted to using third party software designed to work with Windows (Adobe Photoshop in my case), but it could be any one of a number of photo manipulators on the market.

Serif for example, offer very competent cheap software that works well. So keep an eye out!

Many magazines offer slightly older editions of popular programs free with their magazines. The originators hope that you will upgrade to the latest version, thereby profiting from the freebie!

skeletal 13:31 06 Jan 03

I have had big problems with Kodak software in the past and had to resort to registry editing to get sorted. I now do not bother with “camera software” I prefer to take out the CF card and download pictures straight into the computer, it’s faster and more reliable and as USB card reader are so cheap, that isn’t really an issue either.

The only problem is if you want to “play” with the camera via the computer, which obviously you can’t!

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…