Help with JavaScript

BranVan39 15:11 25 Feb 05

Hi,

I have created form (click here) which I am using at the school which I work for. The form is for people to request equipment from me. I would like to build into it a time function which stops people being able to use it, if they require a piece of equipment without giving enough notice (e.g. a javascript which checks the computers local time makes sure that the request isn't required within the next 48hrs.)

I am severely struggling with this. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the correct direction on how to do this.

Thanks, Andrew

Forum Editor 19:26 25 Feb 05

but I'm a great believer in keeping things simple if at all possible. Wouldn't it just be easier to put a header on the form along the lines of:

"Please note - at least 48 hours notice must be given when requesting equipment via this form"

Or am I missing something?

Taran 11:59 26 Feb 05

There is no reason to overcomplicate this and by doing so you are giving yourself an unnecessary amount of work (and a headache to boot).

You don't say whether weekends are inlucded in this schedule, which would affect your time limitation script enormously, if you still wanted to pursue one.

A simple text disclaimer should suffice, and you might also consider raising a memo to all staff reminding them of a 48 hour policy for booking equipment, with details of whether this is weekday only or includes weekends.

That's all I did at my college - once the memo has been issued nobody can say they didn't know and they soon become used to working within a timeframe instead of assuming that if they need somethng tomorrow morning or (even worse) by this afternoon that you will drop everything and arrange it for them.

BranVan39 17:11 26 Feb 05

You are correct, thanks anyway. I have put a popup window in.

Cheers, Andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…