Help I've suddenly got hidden partitions!

ernieernie 17:37 17 Jun 03

I restored a Drive Image file to get rid of problems and finished up with a worse one.

When I rebooted afterwards my drives f & g had disappeared. I know thet are still there because when I used the Drive Image floppies I was able to do a restore of my newest image which was saved on drive f. The snag is that although it restored O.K. the missing drives were still missing. The hard drive is 120mb which I have partitioned into three 40mb drives.

There must be a way of making them transparent again but I can find nothing in all my books.

Please help,it is urgent as I have necessary files not now available (and backups).

ernieernie 22:45 17 Jun 03

I was getting desperate because there were no responses to my plea for help, so I kept thinking (my computer wouldn't let me do what I wanted, so I had time to spare). Anyway, I have found the answer to my problem.

I reasoned that because it happened when I used Drive Image then it must be something to do with that program. So, believe it or not, I actually read the instruction manual!

There, Lo! and behold was the answer. At the opening DOS screen you click on OPTIONS and you can access a menu item for Hide/Unhide partitions. I must have accidentally clicked on the wrong button at an inappropriate moment.

I am publicly confessing my own stupidity in case it is of help to anyone else.

Thanks to all of you who would have helped if it had been your speciality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…