HELP! i've lost my icon

diddi.ash 20:35 07 Nov 03

Can someone tell me how to get my internet icon back? (the double window that comes up in the bottom right hand corner when you have got online)
it just disappeared and now cant click off line, only by awitching my modem off.

woodchip 20:39 07 Nov 03

If you are on Win98se run SFC from the run box with your WIN98 disc in comp

diddi.ash 20:40 07 Nov 03

is there no other way of doing it cause i dont know where my disc is

woodchip 20:46 07 Nov 03

Without a CD, I would not like to be responsible for trashing a running system. If it goes Pare shaped

A_World_Maker 20:49 07 Nov 03

I'm asuming you have upgraded windows recently. Click on Modems in Control Panel (I'm doing this from memory, been sometime since used 98) choose your modem, click through the various tabs and see if there is a check box labeled 'Show Terminal........' or 'Show connection Icon', make sure its checked. Restart windows

A_World_Maker 20:50 07 Nov 03

when you choose your modem, you will select 'properties' oooppss sorry missed that part

cycoze 23:14 07 Nov 03

Go into `my computer` then into the ` Dial-Up Networking` folder , at the top of the browser page you should see on the tool bar `connections` click on that and you will see `settings` listed , click on that , under the `general` tab there is a check box `Show an icon on taskbar after connected`.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…