help it died

scowalk 21:32 15 Feb 15

my computer wont start i turn on the power and the fan comes on for a second then shuts stright down please help

bumpkin 21:41 15 Feb 15

some more information would be useful.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:48 15 Feb 15

feed the hamster and replace on wheel.

:0)

make and model? laptop or desktop?

lotvic 21:50 15 Feb 15

Try wiggling the power button, it might be sticking.

scowalk 18:35 16 Feb 15

its a packared bell model num is dv100. it was working fine then just started running slow when i went to turn it on the following day it wouldnt come on the fan started for a second then shut back down not even the light around the power button works anymore ???? i dont no enything about comys so any help would help thanks

scowalk 18:37 16 Feb 15

its a packared bell model num is dv100. it was working fine then just started running slow when i went to turn it on the following day it wouldnt come on the fan started for a second then shut back down not even the light around the power button works anymore ???? i dont no enything about comys so any help would help thanks its a pc tower

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:49 16 Feb 15

I suspect the Power Supply Unit is failing

Disconnect all usb connection and retry

disconnect DVD and HDD and see if it boots to error message

if neither of the above work then change PSU.

scowalk 20:44 16 Feb 15

thanks fruit bat ill try that

scowalk 00:27 17 Feb 15

changed psu and it still wont turn on ???????? i also have another 1 that wont boot up it keeps asking for windows disc saying error registy courupt...i dont have the windows disc but i have orderd a repair disc n hope it works ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced