Help with internet links

BurghBhoy 11:40 03 Sep 04

Been stuck with this problem for some time, tried a few things but nothing seems to fix it. When on line & I click onto a certain link(not them all) my pc freezes? usually comes up with a message 'this program is not responding' & gives the option 'end now' or 'cancel' so I have to log out. Very frustrating! any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

canard 12:25 03 Sep 04

Sounds like a Java prob. Look in tools- internet options-click advanced tab and see if you have Java permitted or alternatively if you are on top safety with Java via tools- security - custom- Java safety level as this needs to be lower for a few websites. If neither of these your Java installation might be the culprit. If so you need a PCA pundit.

BurghBhoy 12:36 03 Sep 04

I'll give that a bash m8, thanks. I think a lot of these links do say javascript in the bottom left of my screen when this happens. I'll let you know.

BurghBhoy 13:00 03 Sep 04

Checked out what you mentioned, my java console was 'enabled' a was my java logging? presume that was ok. Also my java safety level was high so i set it to custom as you suggested, but Im afraid it has'nt solved my problem :-( This was not a problem for me when I first got my pc it just started all of a sudden a few months into using it? Any other advice would be great. Thanks

canard 15:57 04 Sep 04

If using Firefox there are some links which use Java applets and don't work with their adblock prog. So wonder if you are having the same prob with IE due to a popup blocker. If not due to a blocker maybe the fault is with your Java installation. A dll file that has been overwritten with a more up to date version gave me a headache click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…