help with internet explorer

DrDob 18:01 21 Oct 05

I am in a bit of a muddle I had to re- load windows (XP home) and every thing works OK . But in internet explorer the connect and the disconnect box do not come up. And I can not access outlook mail from the buttons on internet explorer. Can any kind knowledgeable person out there help? Yours Michael

johnnyrocker 18:08 21 Oct 05

are you referring to the two computers at the bootom right? if so go into yor dialup/network connection, right click it and select properties there will be a tick box for show icon in sys tray, as for the other point is all others ok? you should right click out look and select create shortcut.

johnny.

splork 18:18 21 Oct 05

For email in Internet Explorer, right click in the area where the forward/back/home etc buttons are and select Customize. Find and highlight the Mail icon on the left, and click Add to add it to your Internet Explorer toolbar.

BurrWalnut 19:08 21 Oct 05

I think you might want, Internet Options, Connections Tab and put a check mark in 'Always dial my default'.

To disconnect, in the Connections Tab, highlight your ISP (probably only one), Settings, Advanced at the bottom and uncheck 'Disconnect if idle...' and check 'Disconnect when connection is no.....'.

DrDob 09:33 22 Oct 05

BurrWalnut thanks that worked but the rest need not work i still can not get mail by clicking mail in IE

BurrWalnut 15:37 22 Oct 05

Try this, IE, Tools, Internet Options, Programs Tab and make sure Outlook (or OE?) is in the email box.

DrDob 18:05 22 Oct 05

BurrWalnut thanks for the suggestion, but that box is empty, this may be the problem, but how do i fix it? Michael

splork 18:12 22 Oct 05

If you click on the arrow on the right hand side, it should allow you to select Outlook Express.

palinka 11:48 23 Oct 05

I'm a bit confused by DrDob saying he can't get mail "by clicking mail in IE". Do you mean webmail, DrDob? if so surely you need to go to the web site of your ISP (via IE)to get your mail.

Or have I completely misunderstood? Probably!

DrDob 17:08 23 Oct 05

'Palinka' i am just using the MS internet explorer but it did come of the bt yahoo disk but i do not like bt yahoo and just use ms ie which may be were my problems begain.but on the tool bar there is a envelop (mail)it is this one i have all way clicked to bring up outlook mail. 'Splork' i have try your suggestion but it would not do anything! yours Michael (Dr Dob)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…