Help Installing Program Please

alannbk 22:42 29 Dec 04

!

While trying to install "Mavis Beacon teaches typing" version 5 onto my sisters computer I get the following error:

"SHADOW"
"An error has occured in your application. If you chose Ignore, you should save your work in a new file. If y0u chose Close, your application will terminate."

When I click on Close or Ignore, I get the following :

"Application Error "
"SHADOW Caused a General Protection Fault in module ~TMP 102B.EXE at 0003:1092"
"SHADOW" will now close.

Can anyone shed some light on how to resolve this problem.

I have Goggled and been to the "Mindscape" support centre but have had no luck in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance and a very Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Buchan 35 22:59 29 Dec 04

Alannbk, I cannot help you but if you tell the forum what SO etc you should get an answer

woodchip 23:08 29 Dec 04

Try it like this. double click my computer, with your CD in the drive copy the contents to Desktop by opening the drive so you can see everything the right click and drag to desktop. Now go into Explorer\Windows\Temp and clear the temp folder delete the files in it. reboot computer and keep pressing F5 as it boots this gets you into Safe Mode, now when in Windows Safe go to setup file in the items you copied to the desktop and double click it to start setup. See how it goes

alannbk 08:23 30 Dec 04

I will try Woodchips advice. The OS is windows 2000. I have emptied the contents of the windows temp folder, but will try to install in safe mode. Thank you in advance.

woodchip 16:37 30 Dec 04

You cannot use CD drive in safe mode that's why I said to do the above

nerawan 14:27 31 Dec 04

Keeping this advice just in case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…