Help with installing new memory

bobthe4th 14:28 22 Jan 07

I am looking to increase the memory of my PC to improve performance. I would appreciate any help in determining what type of memory I need - is it a case of opening up the case to see what size the empty slot is? Any advise is much appreciated.

I tried to use a guide I found on the internet that got you to put in your type of computer to tell you what memory was compatible. But my system model wasn't included under the list of Tiny ones.

My pc specs (obtained using Belarc Advisor) are as follows:

System model - Tiny MS-6741 1.0
Main Circuit Board - bus clock 200 megahertrz
Bios: American Megatrends Inc Version 07.00T 4/02/01
512mb installed memory
slot 0 = 512mb
slot 1 = empty
Processer = 2.40 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
128 kilobyte primery memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

recap 14:35 22 Jan 07

click here use the drop down arrow to select your model then click Go.

Strawballs 14:36 22 Jan 07

click here Is this the site that you used? as they are the most recomended that I have seen.

Strawballs 14:36 22 Jan 07

Must type faster.

bobthe4th 15:28 22 Jan 07

The link is the site I used before - my model isn't listed - they are all called things like Power system. My model is a code. Any ideas?

Totally-braindead 15:33 22 Jan 07

Does it not say somewhere on the outside of your Tiny computer case what model it is?
If not my only suggestion is let the Crucial run Scan My Computer and see what it says.

Technotiger 15:42 22 Jan 07

Hi, as the other guys have said, let Crucial scan your computer, does not matter what make it is, the Crucial scan will tell you exactly what your pc has/can have in relation to Memory.

bobthe4th 16:41 22 Jan 07

Is there any way to run the crucial program from a disc? The tiny pc does not have internet access (long story short - tiny rip you off with only getting online with a specific provider and I can't get rid of it) so I have a seperate pc just for the internet. I don't want to get a new memory plug in that isn't compatable.

Technotiger 17:37 22 Jan 07

Hmmm, No, I don't think so, I was working on the assumption the pc was internet capable.

Technotiger 17:41 22 Jan 07

Your RAM ...

click here

ed-0 17:44 22 Jan 07

You have a click here motherboard.

It can take upto 2 X !gb sticks of ram.

Download and put on disk cpu-z. Run this on the time machine to get the exact specifications of you current ram, so you can match it up. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…