Help Installing Desktop Software for Intel Board

ened 14:27 24 Nov 07

I have a socket 775 intel board and cannot find away to install the software from the CD.

Can anyone help?

ened 15:18 24 Nov 07

I should add that I know it can be done because I have read about it in reviews of the board, but, unless I have a defective cd I can't seem to do it, even following the instructions in the Help file.

The software I am trying to install is the programme which allows you to monitor the chip temp etc from within Windows.

ambra4 15:20 24 Nov 07

Need more information on what you want to do

Was OS install on hard drive??

Once OS system is up and running you the load the motherboard drivers from the cd

ened 15:25 24 Nov 07

There are two discs.

Mobo drivers from disc one all installed fine.

Disc two contains (supposedly) the software.

ened 17:40 24 Nov 07

Anybody?

MAJ 17:43 24 Nov 07

Disk 2 might be damaged, what is the make and model of your motherboard?

ened 17:58 24 Nov 07

Intel BOXD975XBX2KR 975x Socket 775 Core 2 Duo ready FSB1066 DDR2 Audio Crossfire ATX

MAJ 18:16 24 Nov 07

Which operating system? XP Home, XP PRO? Vista Home, Vista Ultimate?

MAJ 18:45 24 Nov 07

Go here click here enter your operating system and it should point you to the download you require, ened.

ened 08:28 25 Nov 07

The os is Vista Ultimate and thank you for that link MAJ but I have the BIOS and drivers.

I am trying to install the desktop software.

I have downloaded something from the samr site but it is just a zip file which disappears and doesn't seem to do anything.

I can't believe this is intended to be so complicated or that the disc is faulty - maybe I am being stupid.

MAJ 09:28 25 Nov 07

They don't seem to have the monitor software posted for Vista Ultimatr yet, ened. In the meantime, you could use PC Wizard 2008 to monitor the temperatures. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5