Help installing cd writerand win98

nobbyhigo 17:40 09 Nov 04

ok
i have been given a working system formatted but in need of a cd rom and o/s . i have a cd writer spare and i intend to use my win98se on it. can i use the writer as my drive to install windows can you tell me how to cobble this lot together with any pitfalls i need to know
regards nobby

Smegs 17:57 09 Nov 04

The CDRW will drop into, take the cable from the old cd drive and put it in the CDRW with the power supply.

Yes, you will be able to install 98se with it. It is only a cdrw when you want to use it as a writer. Otherwise, it's a normal cd drive.

What else do you want to know?? Is it about putting 98se on??

nobbyhigo 18:10 09 Nov 04

yes smegs
so i install the writer as you say i am sure i can manage that now i know it will do the job
so if it is formatted do i just run the windows disc in the writer and follow instructions. if its formatted does that mean the hard disk is blank and i can boot from the disc
regards nobby

Smegs 18:18 09 Nov 04

First, you will need to go into the BIOS to change the BOOT up. When you have found it, change it to boot from the CD first.

To get into BIOS, start the PC then start pressing DELETE.

You do have all the Drivers?? These are software that makes(Should) like the sound card, G/card and modem work.

You can get a 98se boot disk from here click here

This will walk you through the install click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…