Help with installation disc.

wesparmalee 20:27 13 Apr 07

I've just aquired a wireless USB adaptor that comes with an installation disc.The manual states that as soon as the disc is inserted into the ROM drive, go to Start/Run and type the following-F:\XXX\Setup.exe.It says only type the F if that's the letter of your ROM drive in question.My ROM drive is E, but whenever i try this, an error message appears telling me that this location is unavailable.After trying it with my other dvd drive, the very same message appears again.How can i get this disc to run without going through all the various folders on the disc itself.I'm lost with this one, any ideas?Thanks.

Technotiger 20:31 13 Apr 07

Hi, if you are running XP a usb item should be recognised automatically without a disc.

Technotiger 20:35 13 Apr 07

or check that your drives are Autoplay configered and simply insert the disc, it should then run without any further input from you.

woodchip 20:42 13 Apr 07

double click my computer, then double lick on the drive that the disc is in, look for setup file and double click on it

wesparmalee 20:46 13 Apr 07

I've just tried plugging the adaptor straight into the usb, without the install disc, and it's downloaded the software from the web.Thanks for solving this one.

Technotiger 20:54 13 Apr 07

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…