Help to instal CCTV PCI card please.

bumpkin 13:17 01 Apr 15
Answered

Hi all, I am struggling trying to get a new PCI card working as it came with no written instructions and I can't find any on the CD only 2 applications. One of which I have installed but the "help" box does nothing, the other gives error 0xfffff906.

I have asked the seller for some advice but no response so far. I bought it from a UK company but the writing on the box is Chinese so I don't even know the make, all it says in English is Video Capture Card.

It supports Win7 32bit and AMD which I am using.

No real wish to return it but at present I am guessing in the dark. Anyone have experience of these things.

bumpkin 13:20 01 Apr 15

This is the item click here

bumpkin 16:26 01 Apr 15

I seem to have installed the other application and now get a very colourful display with all sorts of icons and boxes to click on. None of which do anything including the minimalize and close options. Only way out is ctrl, alt, del. and stop it in Task Manager.

bumpkin 16:40 01 Apr 15

Got a reply "New message from: atcwave (255530RedShooting Star) Hello, you can download the CD content from following link:

click here above link is not a webpage, it is file download link. After downloading it, unzip the package, you will see all files.

Thanks. Iris

Note:

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:52 01 Apr 15

Double click the DVR.chm file and read the contents

bumpkin 19:21 01 Apr 15

Double click the DVR.chm file and read the contents

Thanks FB, I have already done that but when I click one of the items in the contents nothing happens, no text on the screen just nothing showing apart from the list of contents.

bumpkin 20:18 01 Apr 15

Thanks Beta, that is what I did. The card works as it can see the cameras but I can't set up things like time stamp or minimise or which disk to record to or frame rates etc as I am unable to get to the instructions for these settings. Also getting "Init settings" which I do not understand. For example, yes I can set it to PAL as opposed to NTSC but the it wants Net type TCP or UDP and "start built-in HTTP server for (IE plug ins in lan). I do not have the knowledge or experience of others here but why anyone should send me something where I need to be Einstein just to get the instructions beggars belief :-))

Secret-Squirrel 08:45 02 Apr 15

"............but when I click one of the items in the contents nothing happens, no text on the screen just nothing showing apart from the list of contents."

Right-click on DVR.chm, select "Properties", click the "Unblock" button then click OK and open it again. The help file's contents should be visible now.

The setup file looks like it should be the "tenda-DVR_EN36 4.0.3.2" one. Have you run it?

Best of luck.

bumpkin 12:20 02 Apr 15

Thanks to all, I have now downloaded the instructions. Why they could not have been put on the CD I don't know. I have a fair amount of wiring to sort out before I can try to get it all working. Probably have a few more questions when I get to that stage.

bumpkin 13:04 04 Apr 15

I had a feeling I would soon be back:-) I have the software installed and now it requires a login.It asks for Host/User Name/Password, now I assume Host refers to the PC name so entered that, a username and password.

Error says "The host is not running or the port is setted error" Any clues?

Secret-Squirrel 16:22 04 Apr 15

" I have the software installed and now it requires a login.It asks for Host/User Name/Password,............."

Did you see my instructions above about installing the main application and getting the help file contents viewable?

From what you've said it sounds like you're trying to run the client application. The client is installed on another PC and needs the main application (server) to be running on the "main" PC. Is that what you're trying to accomplish? If you are, then according to the instruction manual, the host name is the IP address of the "main" computer and the default username appears to be "admin" with no password. Or, you can create a new username and password via the "User Management" section of the main application.

To get the IP address of the main computer, open a Command Prompt window, then type ipconfig to see its address. Depending on your version of Windows it may be called the "IPv4 Address".

If you haven't yet installed the main application then run the "tenda-DVR_EN36 4.0.3.2.exe" file found in the "WL120.ZIP" file you downloaded.

Hope that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch