Some of you will remember my site i did for my father click here

he now wants a picture on the about us page
I think it looks horrible but he insists he wants it on

is there any way i can make it look more well professional
Image editing is not my strong point

click here

if anyone wants to have a play with it and then send it to me feel free

Sir Radfordin 09:54 03 Feb 04

Having the picture there isn't a problem itself and shouldn't "look horrible" but you may want to suggest your father finds a better photo!

It looks as if this one has been distorted (everyone have long faces!) and the guy (I assume is your father) seems to have some odd looking hands!

Why not have 3 'passport sized' (but not passport quality!) photos of all 3 people down the side with a name/job function.

anchor 10:01 03 Feb 04

The first thing I noticed was that the picture is distorted. You have set the size as: width="335" height="275"; a ratio of 1.218

This incorrect for the picture has a ratio of 1.634. If you keep the same width, you would need the hight to be 205.

I have made, (what I think), a slight improvement to the image. If you send me your e-mail address, I will forward it to you.

tomleady 10:24 03 Feb 04

the page now has a scrollbar at the bottom, probably cus of the place the image is.

Like Sir Radfordin said, a better photo might be best. if not possible, then try changin the width and height until it looks better. you can do that in the the code.

Talented Monkey 10:29 03 Feb 04

I have also had a tinker with this and have scaled to different sizes and cropped a single head shot incase you want to use the suggestion above about using a separate image.

I know this doesn’t really apply to you , but from a design point of view this raises certain problems of an all to common mistake people make. There is a tendancy for people to upload a usa a huge image for example say a 600x400 in size and weighing in at a massive 500kb, on thier web page. Visitors to this page will have to wait forever for pictures of this nature to load. Simply resizing the image in the code will not reduce the file size. Therefore if you want a certain image to be 120x120 in size on your page, get it reduced to that through picture editing software. Here are a couple of useful links for free software to resize images.

click here EZthumbs
click here Irfanview

anchor 13:22 03 Feb 04

Received your message, and picture sent. File size is the same as your original.

anchor 13:27 03 Feb 04

Just looked again at your page:

click here

and the all 3 new pics are still distorted. Obviously, you still have not got the proportions correct.

tomleady 13:50 03 Feb 04

the scroll bar across the bottom is still there, and on 1152x864, the scroll bar is massive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…