help with IE after using anti malware software

laurac7 14:30 21 Nov 08

Hi, i recently has some spyware on my comp and was advised to use malware bytes to get rid of this.
it apears to have worked but i can seem to get my internet explorer to work or any of my online programmes to connect. unfortunetly i dont know much about this kind of stuff so dont even know where to start all i know is the green lights on my internet box are on and i asume that means my internet connection if ok.
IE keeps just bring up Blank Page and then when i type in a wed address i just get the "internet explorer cant display the page"
can anyone help?
cheers L

User-1229748 15:02 21 Nov 08

have you turned your modem/router off for 5 minutes and turned off your pc.then turn your modem/router back on and wait for the lights to do their thing then turn your pc back on.

User-1229748 15:04 21 Nov 08

if you've already done that you could try resetting internet explorer by going into control panel-internet options-advanced-reset

laurac7 15:07 21 Nov 08

cheers, will try both of them when im home.

Ranger 10:47 22 Nov 08

If none of the above has worked, it may be that you still have some rogue software in your system. I had a similar problem some months ago but malwarebytes' found the problems and removed them. The blank page and error messages were caused by trojans. If there is more than one person using your p.c. make sure you run malwarebytes in the full scan mode on each person's account. Have you updated malwarebytes' as there are almost daily updates available. If it still doesn't work use system restore to reset the p.c. settings to the last date you remember your p.c was working fine. Worked for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos