Help identifying .exe's accessing the Internet

Modo 17:30 21 Apr 05

Just got dragged in by the next door neighbours. BT have told them to sort out their act or they'll cut their connection as they are a conduit for all sorts of unauthorised traffic!

I've cleaned up pretty effectively (trojans diallers and whole host of rubbish)and got Zone Alarms running.

But I've still got 5 .exe's trying to access the connection on start up. Two of them I have identified and one seems to be a pretty obscure trojan (asujuja.exe.)

Before I cut them all off by the b-----

Does anybody know anything about these three - they don't even google.

atilufoto.exe
seletylix.exe
wuzarul.exe

Help appreciated in case I need to take more caustic cleaning measures.

The computer is running Windows 2000 with all updates.

rawprawn 17:34 21 Apr 05

click here Post a Hijack log, see if Nellie2 or another expert can help.

rawprawn 17:36 21 Apr 05

Sorry should have said download Hijackthis, then post the log.

Modo 18:18 21 Apr 05

Thank's I'll try that.

just found out that last week whilst I was away travelling they had their connection closed down because their computer had been hijacked and was being used for drug trading. They are OAP's and as straight as they come!!!

Jak_1 20:01 21 Apr 05

I think you need to have a word with BT on your neighbours behalf and explain to them what has been happening, also what you have done to eradicate the problem.

Explain the fact that they are pensioners and that they did not understand just what trojans are.

I would go ahead and delete those files or save them to a floppy at the first instance just in case. Then if the pc works fine then delete them from the floppy.

dogbreath1 20:05 21 Apr 05

If you want unknown potentially nasty files analysing, you can post them click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…