HELP! I want a Shortcut for the Display Properties

Bob The Nob 12:27 25 Mar 04

I want a Shrotcut for the display properties but I can't get into the control panel or right click then properties as the network doesn't like it, I run windows XP and the network is RMNET on community connect 3. I have Tried C:\Windows\Control.exe etc. but it can't find control.exe.

rawprawn 12:35 25 Mar 04

Why do you want a short cut, just right click anywhere on the desktop, or have I completely misunderstood.

anon1 12:38 25 Mar 04

Thats odd a short cut that is not a short cut. Rawprawn hit the nail on the head. Why on earth short cut a simple right click option

daba 13:04 25 Mar 04

Bob the Nob did say that right-click wasn't working.

Can you not open Control Panel at all? eg. Start->Settings->Contrl Panel.

If you can get CP up and running, is there a 'Display' entry. If there, can you R-Click it and 'Create Shortcut'?

Pesala 13:08 25 Mar 04

From Control Panel, Display Properties, Setting tab, click the advanced button. Then on the General tab, check "Show settings icon on taskbar."

Stuartli 13:19 25 Mar 04

..if you right click on the Desktop and then click on Properties, the Display Properties appear.

Might take the odd nanosecond longer than a shortcut...:-)

Stuartli 13:21 25 Mar 04

We've both fallen for the trap - you even after your original comment that right click wasn't working....

daba 13:26 25 Mar 04

I took it to mean that R-Click wasn't working on the desktop only, so suggested another way to get to the display properties dialog, not a general R-Click malfunction.

perhaps Bob The Nob could enlighten further..

Bob The Nob 19:56 25 Mar 04

The Network has 'locked' out the display properties in both R-Click and start/settings/control panel etc. I can't get into it at all. The network has me restricted everywhere and I wondered if there was a 'back door' to the display properties, a one that the IT technition hasn't thought of 'cause we're stupid. I figured out how to lock the workstation and other stuff but not that. The PC can't find 'control.exe' and we can't search and run. The PC's RUN windows XP and the network is RMNET Community Connect 3. Please Help I want a different Background.

Thanks for the other help though!

powerless 20:53 25 Mar 04

Well the restriction is their for a reason.

Oh well...

in the RUN command!

Indigo 1 21:36 25 Mar 04

Are you sure you have Administrator Rights for your user account ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…