Help , I need a virus program

mahalo 14:41 10 Mar 08

My new computer operating system is Vista Premium and AVG does not work with it. I was perfectly happy with AVG as recommended by forum members.
Is the another good free program available to download that does work with Vista ?. Your help would be very much apprciated. Cheers

VoG II 14:44 10 Mar 08

Yes it does click here

Widow's Son 14:55 10 Mar 08

click here

I've been using for years and no problems with vista

Totally-braindead 15:44 10 Mar 08

AVG does work with Vista as Vog says. Funny enough though when I tried it it didn't work. Why I don't know and I used AVAST instead.
I'm back on XP and back on AVG.

mahalo 19:11 10 Mar 08

Thank you VoG, I tried loads of times. The computer came loaded with Norton, I remembered that Norton gave me some problems at the start of using my last computer. Anyway I unistalled the 60 day trial, then went to your link and I was able to intall Avg..
Totally-braindead, I dont like Vista at all, I wish I could go back to XP too.
Thanks all for your replies.

skidzy 20:10 10 Mar 08

Just for reference,also run the NAV removal tool click here

Also use the Vista search to remove any entries that relate to Norton and Symantec,some of this may need to be carried out in safemode.

mahalo 20:37 16 Mar 08

Thanks folks, computer covered now, skidzy I ran NAV removal thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…