Help I need that email back

Legolas 14:59 03 Mar 03

I have just deleted an email by mistake is there any way to get it back. I am running IE6 on XP Pro

tbh72 15:04 03 Mar 03

If you deleted the e-mail from the INBOX, have you looked in the DELETED folder.

If you have deleted it from the DELETED folder, I look forward to hearing the responces from other with regard recovery

recap 15:06 03 Mar 03

If its gone from your deleted items folder Legolas, then I don't think you can. The only thing I can think of, is that you ask the person who sent yu the email to resend, that is as long as they have it in their sent items folder.

Legolas 15:13 03 Mar 03

I have deleted it from the deleted items box so it looks like it is gone for good, it was a report I am doing for college and I emailed it to myself this morning as I am off for the next couple of days I thought I would work on it at home, oh well looks like I will just have to find something else to do on my days off.
YIPPEEEEE ;-))))

Pesala 15:19 03 Mar 03

click here

In Opera, for those who wish to expand their knowledgebase, deleted mails are also not really deleted. They can be read by opening the appropriate *.MPS file in C:\Program Files\Opera\Mail\Email Account Name

This is a potential privacy risk. To truly delete the deleted emails one has to compress the folder in Opera. This also saves a huge amount of space when it comes to backing up your email.

Pesala 15:21 03 Mar 03

You can also retrieve it from your email account by reading it online.

tbh72 15:47 03 Mar 03

You mean like using telnet to get it from your mail server again!!!!

Legolas 15:55 03 Mar 03

Pesala can you explain how to read it on-line

Taff36 16:08 03 Mar 03

If you just want to be able to collect and send your e-mail why not try click here. Go to advanced log in and enter your mail server details. (You can find that information in outlook menu TOOLS >ACCOUNTS>highlight the account under the mail tab and then click PROPERTIES) Then enter your username and password in the advanced login. From there you can do almost everything.

BUT If you downloaded the e-mail in the first place it won`t be there anyway.

Pesala 16:10 03 Mar 03

I have an account with Clara.co.uk

To read it, I go to their home page click here and use the members tools to log on and read my mail.

I don't know about other email account providers like Hotmail or Yahoo, but there should be a way to delete your emails from your mailbox on the server when your allocated space gets filled up, and most will offer an option to read or send email too.

I have three separate accounts, but don't use the NTL one much. The others I clean out about once a fortnight.

Legolas 16:13 03 Mar 03

I tried that, with NTL I can read my emails on-line but as I had already downloaded the email using Outlook it was not on the NTL on-line account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…