Help I have a dead PC

wobblymike 10:31 27 Oct 04

I have a P4 3.06 Ghz PC which uses a socket 478 ASUS P4T533-C Motherboard using Intel 8285E Chipset fitted with 512 MB RAMBUS PC 800.

It died yesterday and will not POST or fire up the monitor - I have replaced the Power Supply and tried a known good Hard drive and graphics card to no avail. On switch on, the CPU fan starts, the lights on the keyboard flash and the CD DRIVE LIGHTS FLASH, BUT nothing else, no BIOS beeps, nothing. I am left with the conclusion that either the MOBO or the CPU has failed. Can anyone offer any advice or offer some suggestions as to where I can obtain a new MOBO or CPU. Or can you suggest a replacement MOBO.

Noelg23 10:33 27 Oct 04

sounds more like the mobo for sure...go to click here very good prices...

Gongoozler 10:39 27 Oct 04

I agree with Noelg23 that it is most likely the motherboard that has failed. If you unplug everything from the motherboard except the processor with heatsink, power supply, power switch and case speaker, you should then get a POST beep of some kind. All that then remains is the processor or motherboard. It's almost impossible to say categorically which of those is at fault other than by substitition.

wobblymike 11:01 27 Oct 04

does anyone know whether I can use ordinary DDRAM instead of its current RAMBUS on this MOBO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…