help! I can't publish to NOF 9

mco 16:39 17 Jan 06

I was given NOF9 for Christmas and have only just looked at it -I've successfully moved the NOF7 site over and I'm now ready to publish but when I looked at Publish Settings the wording was different from NOF7 . In NOF7 (where I've uploaded successfully) they want FTP Host, Username , Password -fine; I did that ok in NOF7 - but in NOF9 they want SERVER ,username, password. I've tried typing in the FTP hostname from NOF7 into the NOF9 server box - doesn't work - and tried 'domain server' of webmania from the whois - still cannot connect. Where am I going wrong?

ade.h 00:10 18 Jan 06

Now, mco, there are two drawbacks to having version 9.

1) Hardly anybody's got it yet so we won't know about any new stuff!

2) You've made me envious! LOL.

I can see that I'm going to have to keep up with the Joneses!

Give us an Imageshack screengrab of the new box and I'll find out what details it requires.

ade.h 00:25 18 Jan 06

click here here's a grab of the NOF8 server details box; I thought I'd better post this as it sounds different to your description of the NOF7 version. As you can see, it has "server" like NOF9 and it needs the address of the ftp server.

Hope that helps.

mco 08:05 18 Jan 06

too envious - I'm not sure (yet) I would have bought it myself,as some of the extra features it vaunts (stuff like search the site, ticker tape) I can already do just by cutting/pasting java script/html anyway, so I've yet to spot the advantages, though doubtless there are) Think barryoneoff mentioned NOF9 once. Will have to look after work at the NOF8 box as they won't let it past the smart filter at my school!

mco 19:02 18 Jan 06

Back home - yes, your NOF 8 is the same as NOF9 but different from NOF7 which has 'ftp host'instead of 'server' But when I try putting into 'server' what I type for 'ftp host' - it doesn't connect. So either I'm typing in the wrong thing or there is a problem with the program

ade.h 19:26 18 Jan 06

Send a mail to the support people at Website Pros - they are very helpful and should be able to throw light on this easily. I confess that I'm nonplussed as to why it won't work.

mco 19:30 18 Jan 06

I'll give it a try but call it resolved until any news. At least I still saved the NOF7 version so I can still upload from there in the meantime.

ade.h 19:44 18 Jan 06

You can always take your html files and assets folder and use a 3rd party prog. The FE suggested SmartFTP to me the other day, because I now need one that can download from a server, not just upload.

ade.h 19:45 18 Jan 06
  mco 20:33 18 Jan 06

he told me not to! I mean, when I was first trying to sort NOF7 out and learning, I uploaded via my usual 3rd party ftp prog because I couldn't at the time fathom how to do it in NOF and he said, better to stick to NOF's own.
click here
It's not a problem with NOF9 itself as I've tried connecting to my other site with it and that connected immediately - so I must be typing something in wrong, or else webmania are not letting me in with NOF9 but they are with NOF7 - that's daft - must be me!

ade.h 20:52 18 Jan 06

But when you have to use 3rd party FTP, I can't see any reason why not. It's just html files and assets after all.

I will assume that the FE knows something that I don't (it's usually the case!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac