help I can download anything

big bella 21:49 02 Oct 03

I wonder if you knowledgeble lot can help me? I have win xp (he)2000+ processor 512mb 80gb bought from Time and everything has been dandy. p.s I'm also on broadband, but just recently I can no longer download anything from the internet. pages load fine but whenever I press the link to download (and I've tried many different sites) I get about two green bars on my progress bar the the page freezes. I have to close the page by pressing the red cross in the corner. I rang ntl on sunday and they said the connections at their end were fine and to talk to Time about my settings. this I did and twenty three pounds lighter (£1 per minute)I just couldn't stay on the line any longer (I'm on incapacity benefit)I had to come off the phone with my pc still not being able to download anything. I have ran my virus checker which has found nothing. I'm really stuck guys. any help would be most appreciated.
mikey b

mark500 21:56 02 Oct 03

Go to Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level and check to see if "Downloads" has been disabled. Also, if you have a firewall like ZoneAlarm, it will block downloads depending on it configuration.

Steven135 21:57 02 Oct 03

I know its stating the obvious but have you tried to roll the sustem back to before the trouble started.

There will be more helpful suggestions

MAJ 22:01 02 Oct 03

Are other links clickable, big bella, if not try this click here. Do you have a firewall installed? Also go to, in IE, Tools > Internet Options > Security tab, click on the "Internet" globe icon then click the "Custom Level" button, scroll down a little to the "Downloads" section and make sure the entry "File Download" is enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…