Help!! I am still having this annoying problem!!

Help!! I am still having this annoying problem!!
I have been using spybot for the last year or more and I never had any problem with it.
After updating it on the 17 of December 2003 I do not know what happen.
After each time I run it, when I connect to the internet I get this message: the page cannot be displayed or cannot find server.
For the pages to be displayed, I have to disable my firewall first.
To be able to run the firewall and have the pages displayed I have to uninstall and reinstall the firewall each time after running the spybot.
This is driving me crazy!!
My OS is Xp
Can anybody help thank you

I uninstall and reinstall the Ontrack suit and spybot about five times.
AND I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM

Indigo 1 15:35 22 Dec 03

Which firewall are you using ?

daftdruid 16:14 22 Dec 03

Hi boss2003, you don`t say if you are using a dial-up modem or adsl. Still, try this as it worked for me. Go to Control panel>Network and internet connections>Internet options>Advanced.
Scroll down until you come to "Use passive FTP(for firewall and DSL modem compatibility).Make sure that the box is ticked, then try re-connecting.Hope you have some luck.
[email protected]

hugh-265156 17:04 22 Dec 03

double post click here

still have the same problem the firewall i am using is ontrackSuite 4.0 and my os is XP pro

I'm still annoyed.

VoG II 21:15 23 Dec 03

Is Spybot detecting and removing something when you run it? If so, what? If not, why do you keep running it?

The Spires 22:05 23 Dec 03

On the left hand pane under 'Settings', then 'File Sets', untick 'System Internals' as this checks the registry & SpyBot may be removing something better left alone.

VoG II 22:07 23 Dec 03

My thoughts exactly - or it may be trying to remove something but leaving debris behind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…