Help with HP Pavillion PC Please

Never again 08:07 02 Sep 04

My friend is attempting to restore a HP Pavillion PC to a working condition after it was "ravaged" on the internet, etc (sorry I can't be more specific at the moment, but will try to find out more info if necessary).

The owner has lost the original restore disk and so can't install the drivers for all his hardware.

The HP website has apparently removed any driver support for this series.

Has anyone any ideas, or could they provide me with the drivers?

hillybilly 09:08 02 Sep 04

What is the Pavilion model number?

Gongoozler 09:55 02 Sep 04

--- and what version of Windows.

Never again 06:25 03 Sep 04

Pavillion model number is 6720 and they were running windows 98 2nd edition.

He has managed to find some modem drives which work, but no display or monitor drivers for the onboard graphics.

Never again 06:26 03 Sep 04

The monitor is a hp v70.

Thanks for your help

Gongoozler 10:59 03 Sep 04

Hi Never again. Can you download and run Belarc Advisor click here to see if that can give a motherboard make and model. It won't be a manufacturers standard model, but may be near enough for us to be able to find the drivers you need.

pimpers 15:07 04 Sep 04

Never again, thanks for posting this on the forum for me. I signed up yesterday so if any one can help me with my current situation, I can respond directly.

I have managed to load up windows 98SE along with the keyboard driver (the only one on the HP site)and the modem now works.

I have downloaded a generic driver from Dirvers.com but this is hit or miss. Miss in my case.

There are other little bits of info needed but I need to refer to my notes which at the moment I cannot find.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Pimpers.

Gongoozler 16:37 04 Sep 04

Hi pimpers. The offer still stands. Run Belarc Advisor and email the report to me. I may not be able to glean any more from the report, but I'll give it a try. Click on the envelope alongside my nickname and send me a message, then I'll reply with my email address.

Never again 23:31 04 Sep 04

Well done Pimpers !!!! - nice name mate.

sicknote 01:21 05 Sep 04

click here

Are these the Drivers you need for onboard graphics
click here*+98+SE&submit=Go%21

pimpers 22:56 05 Sep 04

Sicknote.
Thanks for the links, I will try these when I fire up the old PC tomorrow afternoon, download direct to the machine now the modems working.

Gongoozler.
I will take you up on your offer possibly tomorrow also.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…