Help - HP Laptop

Gordon111 11:25 05 Jan 11

Hi,

I'm A+ Certified but I'm baffled with this one, so any suggestions would be grateful.

I have my colleagues HP 3600 laptop which is poorly (i'm no expert on laptops). When it's turned on there is no POST beeps, no startup text etc (a completly blank screen). The fan spins very, very briefly, the HDD likewise.

There is power to the CDROM/DVD drive and the power indicator is illuminated. The laptop after about 60 seconds begins to continously reboot itself.

Thanks

legalrep 11:42 05 Jan 11

Gordon111 had the same problem with my HP laptop afraid to say it points to the mother board having given up the ghost! A known problem with HP, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Gordon111 11:47 05 Jan 11

Hi,

Thats what I thought but always being the optomist hence my post.

Thanks getting back to me.

woodchip 11:57 05 Jan 11

Hope mine doesn't stop I have a HP 510 with a Centrino 2.13Ghz cpu for about three years running XP Home

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…