Help, how do I create an on-line shop for others?

ligeti 20:52 12 Jun 04

Hi, i am new to webdesign and have been asked a few times to create an on line shop. I have looked into this on the paypal site and have downloaded the pdf manual. I have not been able to find any info on the procedure for webdesigners, i mean...Would i create an account for my client via paypal, or should they create the account?
In creating the account for them i imagine that i would then have to have access to thier bank details (a responsibility i dont want)?
But if they were to create the account and had no idea at all about how to copy the html code for buttons (they hav'nt!!)...
Well perhaps you can see my dilemma?
Or, have i missed something obvious?
Please help
Ligeti. 00:37 13 Jun 04

that you get them to open the paypal account, give you the password to enable you to set up the buttons (you wouldn't have access to their credit card numbers), then when completed, they change the password.

This may not be the ideal sokution, but it should work.

Talented Monkey 02:17 13 Jun 04

Dosnt matter who creates the PayPal account, you also do NOT need to access the account to create buy now buttons etc. See the following page from paypal click here for buy now button code All you will need is the email address connected to the paypal account.

There are more advanced options that you can implement on the site where confirmation code is returned to your website server, telling you if payment was succesful etc, you can then store these results and info in a MYSQL database and create your own managament system. You may want to test this with a couple of transactions, and this is only time you may want to access the paypal account to cary out cancelations etc. 01:08 14 Jun 04

leads to an outdated page. In order to access your paypal account, you now need to enter both email address and password.

Talented Monkey 00:33 15 Jun 04

Funny becuase i acceessed it WITHOUT logging in. To get to the section i refered to, Select the Following:

Merchant Tools -> Buy Now Buttons -> Technical Overview.

This will lead to the HTML for single item buy now button. also worth lookin at whole section

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…