HELP! - Hotmail/Spyware problem!!

cptlaury 09:42 05 Aug 04

I have a problem concerning my hotmail account, as everytime i try to access it, a search engine appears from nowhere, i know that this is a spyware invasion and i have used Adware to retify the problem with no success so far!, I've tried also using Spybot but it freezes up on my computer after verifying 50% of the computer!
Does anyone have any advice of getting rid of this spyware??!! or am I doomed of using hotamil on my personal computer?!

joelle1230 09:52 05 Aug 04

if you type spyware in your search engine you will be able to pick a spyware remover

cptlaury 10:03 05 Aug 04

do you have any spyware removal programs that you recommend?

only me 10:33 05 Aug 04

try spybot

cptlaury 10:36 05 Aug 04

I have but it seems to freeze half way through a running check!, any other programs?

johnnyrocker 11:33 05 Aug 04

give spy bot a chance mine hangs during scan and then kicks off again,

johnnyrocker 11:35 05 Aug 04

there is a range of choice in the downloads section of this site.

cptlaury 11:48 05 Aug 04

when i run spybot, it runs normally until around 50 % when it slows right down or stops completely!, i don't know whether this is normal

i will see which downloads they have on this site

cptlaury 15:58 09 Aug 04

I have tried using Spybot 1.3 which is highly recommended but this has not still solved the problem, does anyone have any advice?

does anyone know how i can manually remove the culprit from my computer soit can be spyware free?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…