Help with hotmail

Hugo15 20:07 09 Jan 07

I have just tried to send an e-mail from my hotmail account. When I clicked send it game up with an box with 8 characters in it that I have to read and enter (like when you set the account up). I have entered the characters and clicked OK but I just keep getting another box with move characters in it. Any ideas how I can get out of this?

Thanks

Kate B 20:17 09 Jan 07

Er, get a better email provider than Hotmail? Sorry - I think it's the pits, even more so when I hear stories like this.

Hugo15 20:41 09 Jan 07

Might be the answer Kate but doesn't really help me at the moment.

Anyone got an address of where I can e-mail hotmail to try to get this sorted?

Diodorus Siculus 20:44 09 Jan 07

Try closing your browser, clear the cache (with, for eample, CCleaner from click here ) and try again.

Hugo15 21:25 09 Jan 07

Thanks. I have downloaded CCleaner. References to cache are all in the advanced bit. Which one do I need to run?

dreamer (|:-)> 21:34 09 Jan 07

with those 'security features' that you're seeing, you can alternatively get an audible rather than visual message to respond to. Try that, it's worked for me before.

isca2 21:43 09 Jan 07

You normally get that box when you click on the Forgot Password item. This then allows MSoft to ask you a security question so that you can re-set a new password. I can't understand why you should get this after having logged in !

Diodorus Siculus 21:43 09 Jan 07

Cache refers to the folders in which the temp internet files are kept; simply close your browser and choose "run cleaner"

Hugo15 21:45 09 Jan 07

dreamer, I tried this too and it didn't work. I even repeated the audio button over and over again to make sure I had the right number but no luck. This is driving me mad!!!!!

Have used my wife's hotmail account to send a mail to hotmail so will see what happens.

isca2 21:46 09 Jan 07

This address might be of some use

click here

isca2 21:47 09 Jan 07

Sorry ignore previous link..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced