HELP, Home Networking with USB Modem and Router

Rosencrantz 17:48 04 Dec 05

I am working with a partially function network right now. I managed to get ICS and printer sharing working with reletive ease. however i cannot access files between either of my computers. I think the problems lies in my unothodox network setup. My host computer is connect via an Alcatel Speed touch USB modem. my host computer also connects to my SMC barricade routers WAN port via ethernet adapter. my client computer is connected via ethernet adapter to LAN port 1 in my router. I just ran windows network setup wizard and got internet access on my client computer. i was able to share my printer with the adress \\patrick\printer. BUT only one computer, the one i am on, appears when i go to VIEW WORKGROUP COMPONENTS on either computer. when i try to access the other computer by typing \\patrick i get the error message "\\patrick is not accessible. you might not have permission to ue this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied." everywhere i check for allowing file sharing has already been enabled by network setup wizard. I am at my wits end. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Taff™ 05:40 09 Dec 05

Start by turning off your firewalls temporarily and see if this helps. If so you need to add the computers to the trusted areas in the firewalls when you switch them back on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…