Help with Highjacked Homepage

davetherog 20:18 28 Mar 04

Whenever I log onto the internet something hijacks my homepage and takes me another site. It also repectedly places un-wanted shortcuts on my desktop.

I've run up to date McAfee Virus & Spyware checks and found a couple of trojans but even after deleting them, the hijacker is still there.

I've tried re-setting my homepage in Internet Options and deleting the shortcuts from the desktop folder they appeared to be hiding in but to no avail. When I re-boot they're back

Anyone got any ideas, suggestions etc ?

Taw® 20:19 28 Mar 04

click here ensure you have all the spware stuff on this link installed should help

VoG II 20:35 28 Mar 04

Taw®'s advice is good. Also try running CWShredder click here

powerless 20:38 28 Mar 04

click here

Hijack this log!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:00 28 Mar 04

Try click here may work.

Regards.

davetherog 21:18 31 Mar 04

Thanks for your help folks. Using Regscrub and Adaware I've found various unwanted 'goodies' although the problem with the unwanted 'Your-Search-Info.com' still exisits. I'm working my way through the MS Knowledge Base articles and hopefully this will sort it out.

muppetmark 21:20 31 Mar 04

Try posting a hijackthis log click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…