Help with helproom

bines 19:36 12 Mar 03

I'm really struggling with this helproom. Now when I ask it for my postings it fails to list those I made in the last few days.

Also when I look from the main list at my recent posting it says there have been 8 responses but when I go look there are only five.

The helproom doesn't seem to be keeping up to date when I try to use it. It still always starts up at logon with page 1 listing old posts (24 Feb) and I still can't find a reliable way to list the most recent pages.

I cleared a post with a little 'resolved' tick this afternoon but someone kindly pointed out that I hadn't. So I did it again. Why did it not get itself up to date?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Bines

€dstow 19:39 12 Mar 03

Mine's OK. Always has been.

€d

bines 19:52 12 Mar 03

I wonder if somehow I have inadvertantly blocked a cookie or some other device to update my settings. Every time I click on the 'helproom' item along the top of the screen I always get page one listing posts from 24 February.

Maybe I'd better re-examine the settings in my IE options to see if there is something there which could explain things.

Bines

bvw in bristol 19:55 12 Mar 03

Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/General/Temp.Internet Files..Settings.Check for newer versions of stored pages....check your settings here.

old jim 19:58 12 Mar 03

Click on View all Subjects see the most recent posts, I do not know why the post count is wrong.

You must enter the exact thred name for the database to find it.
As for the resolved tick, click on the refresh button on your browser.

Hope this helps you.
Old Jim

bines 20:28 12 Mar 03

Eureka!!! that seems to have solved it so far - I wasn't saving the latest pages. (obvious once you know!)

It also seems to have resolved a long-lasting question whereby my username and password were never remembered, even though I kept ticking the little box.

I will try it all out over the next few days to make sure but meanwhile I have ticked this thread as 'resolved' with many thanks to all who so kindly sent comments and suggestions - especially bvw in Bristol who hit the spot bang-on!

Happy bines

polymath 20:54 12 Mar 03

My resolve ticks wouldn't stay either, bines, till I twigged that 'resolved?' is a button that also needs pressing. Do you press it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…