'HELP !.. Help Lines?????????

lodger 18:25 02 Mar 03

I have just had the most bizarre experience, because, against my better judgement and basic common sense, I rang the PCWorld 'Helpline'..!!!!!!... The problem is simple enough, I have a hardware or software problem on a new pc, which makes it impossible to boot up....,so I tried the so called 'Recovery Disk', which quickly turned out to have errors itself! ...so, instead of simply taking the thing back to the shop as any normal person would do, I foolishly paid about two pounds at National rate for the priviledge of being told to hold on for about ten minutes, and then, after telling everything, was told that unless I allowed this guy to do a 'diganostic test' on the phone, they would NOT send an engineer to fix my pc. Since the pc was not making any sound, I found that suggestion somewhat of a *!@:take, so the crap goes back to PCWorld tomorrow, and NEVER will I be daft enough to spend money on a 'helpline' again. Have a nice day.

Pesala 20:49 02 Mar 03

~¿~ Don't get upset over trifles ~¿~

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…