HELP, HELP, HELP

nate54216 13:45 16 Feb 06

One of my desktops has become so infected with a virus that I need to wipe the whole PC clean and start again. I want to uninstall windows XP and start again but I dont know how too because there is nothing in the Add or remeove programmes to do this. Also, is it possible for me to wipe the pc clean and then load up a back up disk from my other pc. if not, what shall I do. My system restore is not working too, it comes up blank.

What can I do. Im desperatley trying to sort this but I dont know where to begin.

VoG II 13:47 16 Feb 06
  stalion 13:48 16 Feb 06

don't panic,do you know the name of the virus?

nate54216 13:52 16 Feb 06

The virus is called trojan, I haven't swiched the pc on for about a month tho now' as at first I made the stupid mistake of unistalling most things on the hardrive as I wanted to start a fresh, have I completey messed this up.

nate54216 13:53 16 Feb 06

Thanks VoG

VoG II 13:54 16 Feb 06

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

nate54216 13:59 16 Feb 06

Thanks Vog, Ill try that later when I get home, manythanks

nate54216 14:01 16 Feb 06

Hi VoG, Ill let you know how I get on with this, if it doesnt work, is there still hope for me.

VoG II 14:02 16 Feb 06

Yes there's still hope - don't panic.

nate54216 14:07 16 Feb 06

This may be a daft question but because the infected PC has no current internet connection. Would I be able to download it on the other one and put on disk and then load it on to the infected one or am I going to have to connect it back up again.

Freddog™ 14:09 16 Feb 06

You can connect it back up or you can burn it to a disk, from your other PC and transfer it to the infected one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…