Help with Graphics card "Please"

BRFCIDB 11:29 12 Jan 09

I have a Dell XPS 420 computer and its been working fine for last 10 months. However I switched it on this morning and when it went into sleep mode it didn't come back on. Throgh process of illimination I have found that the DVI output is not working, ie I have 2 on the PC. When I use the other (spare) one it works.

Does this mean the graphics card (NVIDIA
GeForce 8800GT) is faulty?

It is still in warranty by 6 weeks, should I take it in for repair or is it ok to just use the other DVI socket?

Thanks

Ian

Bris 20:33 14 Jan 09

If bits arent working and its still under warranty then I would get it repaired unless its awkward to do so. From the symptoms you mention it suggests that part of the graphics card has failed. Have you used the graphics software that came with it either from the icon on the taskbar or from properties on the desktop to see if there is a way of turning on (and off) the output ports?

3gboosterman 23:52 14 Jan 09

Agree, if its a faulty card then I'd want to have it sorted out under warranty.
One day you might want to sell it and you have a better chance of selling it if its in full working order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…