HELP! Graphics card not detected properly??

stupidity 20:43 07 Apr 03

i have had my pc for over 2years it has the 64 MB geforce 2 ultra graphics card. It has been running fine until a couple of weeks ago when the graphics card instead of being detected as 64MB is being detected as 32MB, this happened after i tried to update the BIOS i dont know if it is related to the bios update because i reverted it back to the original version of the bios and this has had no effect. could anyone please advise? is there some value in the bios set up that needs to be changed? or is this a hardware problem?

i appreciate all help. thanx

stupidity 20:47 07 Apr 03

by the way my pc has the following:

Award bios revision 1003
asus a7m266 socket A motherboard

professor 22:16 07 Apr 03

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your G.card driver

PA28 22:23 07 Apr 03

Does your motherboard have on board graphics (like 32mb worth?) which has to be disabled in the BIOS - and which may have been re-enabled? Try as professor says, but make sure that you remove your Nvidia drivers thoroughly before you re-install (a program called Detonator Destroyer will help here). Then download the latest drivers from Nvidia before you reinstall - I'm on v30.72, but these may now have been superseded.

stupidity 10:14 08 Apr 03

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the Graphics card along with drivers this makes no difference

upgrade your bios but make sure that it is the correct version for your PC again. Go to device manager & check that all your drivers for monitor agp card etc are correct by deleting & refreshing. If that fails delete your drivers for your agp card & re install your nvidia drivers then upgrade to the latest nvidia drivers. Sometimes that way works even though nvidia say delete original driver completely then install the updated driver.

PA28 14:11 08 Apr 03

How is your graphics card recognised in Device Manager? Is your BIOS configured to AGP as first device (rather than PCI), and make sure that an IRQ is shown as assigned by the BIOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…