Help getting space back!

I recently formatted a computer puto/s on again. It originally had two partions C + D. I deleted D but i seemed to have lost the space (40GB showing only 22GB) When I go into my computer it now only shows c which is what i want but what has happened to the space and how do I get it back? Thanks.

^

Dorsai 19:53 08 Sep 04

i suspect that you have deleted the D: partition, but not changed the size of the c: partition. so D: no longer exists, but C: is still the size it used to be.

click here

has a very good walk through of the dos fdisk command that will i suspect solve the issue. But you will need to back up any stuff on c: as you will lose it if you go this route.

you can also create any boot floppies you may need from there.

I really don't want to have to put everything back on again. Is there no software that will do it like partition magic or is this the only way. It also seems very complicated!!

Dorsai 20:08 08 Sep 04

Partition magik may well do it, but you have to buy it. fdisk is free. it comes with windows. Up to you. Unless someone can post a link to a free partition re-sizing utility.

Dorsai 20:10 08 Sep 04

PS. Yes Fdisk is complicated.

That is why someone wrote partition magic, and caharges for it.

cream. 20:11 08 Sep 04

If you have done this through fdsisk, then follow this thread. It will not delete the "C" drive, just enable the partition.click here

Only do this if you used fdisk, if not post back with your O\S.

I have XP Pro and I also have Partition Magic. Would this be the safest option?

cream. 20:20 08 Sep 04

In X\P pro;

Right click my computer and pick manage, then enter. Now pick disk management and enter.

On the right side you will see your "C" drive and you should see your partition( unallocated). Right click the unallocated and format. This should give you your extra drive back.

X\P pro does have partition magic built into it.

cream. 20:30 08 Sep 04

This is from a posting earlier today. It is for an external harddrive, but the immages are simmilar.click here

Thanks the village idiot I have done as you say but when I right click the unallocated partition I only have the options of - new partition, properties and help. Format is not mentioned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…