Help with getting hard drive space back

webber_man 19:26 31 May 05

I have an old PC set up as part of a home network and i want to get some of the space back on it but can't see where/how i do this.

It's an old Packard Bell i-Connect 1250 with a 10GB hard drive. I have also installed a 2nd drive of 40GB.

The operating system and programme files are all on the 10GB C dive. It used to have ME on it but i have since upgraded to XP. I know there is a partition on there put on by Packard Bell so you can restore the system - and i have the restore floppy disk too.

The amount of 'free' space left is 1.5GB. I have looked at the folders/files on the rive and they account for only 3.5GB of space so i seem to be missing around 5GB.

Can anyone explain the best way of getting these missing GB's back, without losing the operating system and programmes already on the C drive? In fact IS there a way?

Many thanks for any advice.

xania 19:56 31 May 05

If there is a hidden partition on the drive, you will need a partition manager to see and unhide it. There are free ones around - not sure how good they are - but I've found Partition Magic well worth its cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…