help with gaming

acceptmyname 16:44 17 Jul 07

When I try to play more or less any game I get a very slow frame rate creating a lagging effect, I save all my game to a external hardrive would this cause this problem with the game. At the moment I am playing Halo 1 again and it was ok on my old pc which I dont believe is up to the spec of my new pc

Si_L 16:54 17 Jul 07

What are the specs of your pc?
Make your you include graphics card.

acceptmyname 18:43 17 Jul 07

please follow the liclick here for my comp specs

acceptmyname 18:50 17 Jul 07

sorry please click here for pc specs

click here

acceptmyname 19:28 17 Jul 07

I know Si_L has replied But I just wanted to post this again to see if anyone else can help

Si_L 19:31 17 Jul 07

Does your old PC have its own graphics card?

If its compatible, you could put it in your new machine, which has low power integrated graphics.

Halo is a power hungry game, without a graphics card it certainly would struggle.

A card like this would be ideal for you:

click here

gudgulf 19:38 17 Jul 07

I can see two problems.

One is you have onboard integrated graphics.

Whilst the ATI express 200 is in fact very good for onboard graphics it is not up to playing games that are recently released.

It also shares some of your system RAM,which at 512MB is barely adequate for Windows XP anyway.

You will need more RAM memory and a seperate dedicated graphics card to play up to date games.

If you tell us what games you play it would help us point you in the right direction.

This review click here will also give you an idea of the capabilities of your onboard graphics.

acceptmyname 19:40 17 Jul 07

Thanks Si_L I will have a look in my old pc but I am new to this so could you tell me what I would be looking for in my old pc. Just one thing I find a bit strange though Half Life 2 played fine a few loading problems but mostly fine but it had the same effect on my old pc as halo does on my new one were as halo played fine on my old pc but does not on my new one

acceptmyname 19:57 17 Jul 07

gudgulf I forgot to mention I have added 512 memory also

Si_L 19:58 17 Jul 07

If you are playing these games online, the lagging may be due to a bad internet connection.

What speed is your internet?

Gudgulf is correct, another 512 RAM would be ideal.

click here to get memory upgrades

Si_L 19:59 17 Jul 07

You able to give us the specs for your old machine?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos