Help with Freeserve broadband reinstallation

jarani 23:13 01 Jan 05

i have successfully installed some time ago freeserve broadband on my computer running win98se - i now have a new computer running winxphome with sp2 installed - i have failed so far to install my adsl modem since the new computer refuses to install the software - can anyone help please - the old disk is in perfect order - jarani

spuds 23:52 01 Jan 05

I would suggest that you obtain a new disk and install from that.I picked one up yesterday from a Texas brand filling station, and it would appear to be much better than previous disks.

If you want phoneline help, try these numbers Automated helpline 0845 330 7124 [local rate 24 hours] Technical support 09062 517 517 [50p per minute 24 hours] Broadband support 0870 010 2462 [national rate 24 hours]

Smegs 01:21 02 Jan 05

Can you tell us what the modem is please, so someone can point you somewhere to download them. You may get some updated drivers awell. If it's a SpeedTouch click here

You will NOT need to re-install Freeserve/Wannadoo. All you will need to do, is change your HOME PAGE to Wanadoo, if that's what you have. Internet Options- then change Home Page.

jarani 20:52 02 Jan 05

thank you for the prompt response - I was off line until now - I managed to reinstall after deleting the eTrust AV which was blocking some of the installation - it is working ok now - I propose to go for AVG next - thank you - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…