Help with framedyn.dll

Bagsey 08:25 03 Jun 03

Can anyone please tell me where that file should reside. I tried to do a RESTORE yesterday and was informed that I could not do one because framedyn.dll was missing. I did a search just now and have found it in wndows system32 files . Can anyone say where it should be or why my system wont restore. Thanks.

Lú-tzé 08:39 03 Jun 03

On XP it is in system32\dllcache

and also in system 32\wbem

On win2k it is in system 32\wbem only

So I would think it should be in the wbem folder within system32

Lú-tzé 08:44 03 Jun 03

click here for details of a similar situation.

Bagsey 08:44 03 Jun 03

Thanks for that info. Very speedy response. Will try that to see if i can fix this problem.

Lú-tzé 08:49 03 Jun 03

click here;en-us;319114& for the MS suggestion

http:// support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;319114&

Bagsey 12:22 03 Jun 03

Thanks for your help and advice. I found that both files are indeed present on my computer and in the required locations. So why the system tells me that they are not there beats me. It is starting to look very much like a reinstall is looming. But I dont have an original XP disc only a MESH recovery disc , which I am a bit nervous of using as I understand that it will send everything back to how it was when I got this computer. Meaning that I will lose all of my setup I suppose.?????
I think that I will have to tranfer all of my important bits and pieces to my second Hard Disc before I do anything else as to lose my video editing work at this stage would be unthinkable.
Anyway Thanks for your advice.

Lú-tzé 18:04 03 Jun 03

Well, always have a backup of your data - anthing that is unthinkable to lose should be backed up on a regular basis.

Have a look at Fred Langa's info re. backups.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…